Standard Dental LLC
1. Proper Teeth cleaning:
2. Gargle your mouth:
3. Avoid Consuming foods and beverages that leaves stain to your teeth:
- Fruits like Blackberries, pomegranate.
- Sugary foods ad drinks that you need to avoid or need to consume less as it produces bacteria on tooth and results in tooth decay.
- Acidic foods like lemons, tomato etc.
- Coffee, tea & Wine this beverages can leave stain our your teeth and destroy your beauty.
4. Avoid consuming tobacco products & Avoid smoking:
As we all know that tobacco ad smoking products are injurious to health. On same way this products are also dangerous and have bad impact on your oral health, on your teeth. Consuming this products will turn your teeth color from white to brown. And if this stain remains in your teeth it will be impossible to get removed from teeth. So it will be better decision if you quite consuming this products.
5. Get teeth whitening from us:
You don't need to live with dingy, yellow teeth any longer. A bright, sparkling smile will change the way people see you and how you feel about oneself. So what are you waiting for? Hurry in for your Zoom! Teeth Whitening treatment; it will put a smile on your face. Book your appointment with Potomac Dentists - Standard Dental LLC. Call us at (301)299-1505.
Lets's Discuss the 11 facts about the Invisalign Treatment at - Standard Dental LLC
1. Quality Materials are Essential:
2. Invisalign Usually Costs More Than Traditional Braces:
3. Flexibility & Comfort:
4. Millions of Happy Invisalign Clients:
Each day, more people choose Invisalign treatment, and the number continues to rise. Advancements in digital technology have made the process very effective and very convenient.
5. Fewer Appointments and No Hardware:
6. No Specialist Needed:
7. Do Your Homework:
8. Same Process, Same Results:
9. Diligence is Important:
10. There is a Time Commitment:
11. Follow Up is Necessary:
What is a Dental crown?Dental crowns are a dental restoration which completely caps or encircles a tooth or dental implant. Crowns are also a necessity after receiving a root canal. The crown is a cap that repairs your damaged teeth in normal size, shape, color, and function. The "Crown" or "Cap" will make your teeth stronger and healthier and also will make your smile perfect and natural. we can also call this Dental Crown as "Tooth-colored jacket" or "Tooth-shaped".
Dental Crown can restore your Tooth
When will you need a dental crown?
Types of Dental Crown Material.
* Ceramic Crowns:
* Crown made of gold alloys:
* Crowns made of base metal alloys:
* Crowns made from porcelain fused to metal:
Making of Dental Crown for you:
- Firstly your Potomac dentist prepares the tooth so the crown will get fit. The dentist will prepare the tooth in the same tooth structure which is yours.
- An impression is made to provide an exact model for the crown. The impression can be made from a mold or by digitally scanning the tooth.
- While you wait for the permanent crown to get ready, your dentists will give you a Temporary crown till that time because to make permanent crown it takes 2 weeks. Avoid teething chewing gum, sticky foods, sugary foods, or drinks and also avoid taking hot or cold foods because while you have temporary crown you may suffer from sensitivity.
- The last thing is now once you get permanent dental crown dentists will remove the temporary one and will fix and place the new permanent crown in your mouth. Now you can give your natural smile and enjoy your favorite food.
Caring for your crown.
Since you have now your own teeth i.e Crown teeth. Now you need to take care of your teeth very carefully. If you keep your crown teeth clean and healthier no one can identify that your teeth are replaced teeth with a crown. To keep your teeth clean and strong and avoid becoming loose or fallen out, you need to follow some instructions like taking good care of your teeth( use a soft brush and brush your teeth twice a day and floss your teeth daily), avoid teeth clenching and visit your Dentists Potomac MD- Standard Dental LLC every 6 months for cleaning your teeth and routine checkups done. And Enjoy your pretty beautiful natural smile.
Schedule your Appointment with Potomac Dentists- Standard Dental LLC, Give us a call on (301)299-1505 and Visit our office to know whether you need a crown or not We will be happy to help you and return your Beautiful Natural smile.
1. Avoid Candies or Sugary Products:
2. Brushing teeth twice a day:
Brushing your teeth is very much important whether you are kid or adult. Brushing your teeth is must. Brushing your teeth is the good habit and routine task that all people has to follow. You need to teach your kids from their child hood how brushing teeth is important in their routine life. Your child need to brush their teeth twice a day. To make the habit in your child as a parent you should brush your teeth along with your child. Make your child to brush their teeth before they go to sleep at night and also early morning before you have your breakfast. At-least for two minute you should make your child to clean properly teeth with soft brush.This will make your child's teeth strong and healthy for lifetime.
3. Avoid giving baby bottles during bedtime:
We know that baby bottles are used for the kids for feeding them milk from bottles. Many of the parents give their child the milk in baby bottles and use them for feeding child. But their is one thing or fact that you may don't know. Feeding milk to your child with baby bottles during bedtime and for a long time when the child goes for a nap with bottle of milk in mouth. Because sugary liquids attracts bacteria which will cause tooth decay, bacteria and infection. So while bedtime parent should give baby bottle which should contain only water.
4. Let them Choose:
To make your child brush their teeth with their own and want to make their regularly habit, then let them make a choice to choose their own toothbrush. This will make them look forward to brushing teeth. Now a days we can see cartoon characters toothbrush especially for children's. This toothbrush have soft bristle and smaller head which will make child more comfortable to use and they will enjoy brushing their teeth daily and make their habit.
5. Visit your dentists twice a year:
Visit Standard Dental LLC - Potomac dentists MD to know more. Contact us at (301)-299-1505 or book you appointment by filling patient form.
There are some tips that you should follow if you are on vacation or holidays:
1. Avoid Chewy TreatsChewy products are not good for your teet. It causes harm to your teeth. As chewy products stick to the teeth and also damages the tooth enamel. This chewy product includes gummy candies, caramel these products can yank out fillings. Still, if you are on holiday still be careful to avoid this chewy sticky product and choose healthy foods/products which are good for your teeth.
2. Say NO to nail-bitingThe holidays can be stressful, but biting your nails won’t bring relief. Anxious nibbling is bad for both fingernails and teeth. The habit is linked to teeth grinding, clenching, jaw problems, facial pain, and sensitive teeth. To avoid biting nails on your stress time or any other time.
3. Care for Your Teeth After EatingTaking care of your teeth is a good and important thing for your tooth health. You should take proper care of your teeth. After your meal, you should brush your teeth. You should make this thing as a routine. If for some reason you are not able to brush your teeth then you can use the mouthwash, it will also help you to remove the food particles and bacteria. It will also help you to keep your teeth healthy and will you to produce fresh breath.
4. Don’t crack nuts with your teeth.Many people have developed the habit of cracking nuts with their teeth. A simple way to avoid cracking a tooth, and needing an emergency visit to the dentist, is to always use appropriate nutcrackers. Although protein found in nuts helps keep muscles and bones strong. The hard surface of most nutshells can cause serious tooth and gum damage, and may even crack teeth.
5. Avoid chewing on hard candy or ice cubes.Chewing or Crunching ice or hard candy can crack or chipped the teeth which will harm your teeth and will suffer from pain. Ice can cause discomfort for sensitive teeth, and hard candies promote tooth decay.
Instead of avoiding the fun altogether, here are some helpful recommendations on how to effectively protect your teeth against the most common harmful holiday activities.
If you have any questions contact us and Feel Free to ask questions. Book your appointment with Standard Dental LLC.
Metal fillings are still a perfectly normal and effective way to repair a damaged tooth. Metal fillings are called amalgam fillings by dentists. This name comes from the fact the material is an alloy of metals (including silver, copper, tin, and zinc). Some amalgams can also contain small amounts of mercury, but the American Dental Association has determined that the amount of mercury is so small that it doesn’t post a health risk to patients (source). However, if you’re concerned and would rather avoid the presence of mercury completely, you should choose composite fillings or gold fillings instead.
Composite resin fillings are what dentists call tooth-colored or “white” fillings. Composite is an artificial tooth-like material that is a blend of hard durable plastics and glass. In this way, composite resin imitates your natural tooth enamel, which is also a glass-like material. The dentist also adds coloring agents to the composite resin to ensure it is indistinguishable from the rest of your tooth.
Gold fillings are a different type of metal fillings. Unlike amalgam, they are made entirely from gold. Also, unlike amalgams and composite fillings, gold fillings are cast from a mold of your tooth then applied, a process that requires two dental visits. Both amalgam and composite fillings are sculpted from a pliable material then hardened in place, allowing the treatment to be completed in one visit.
You should know that some insurance companies consider amalgam fillings to be the standard of care and view composite fillings as a cosmetic option. While amalgam and composite fillings serve the same purpose in terms of repairing your tooth, composite fillings cost a little more. As a result, some dental insurance plans don’t cover or reimburse the cost of composite fillings as much as they cover amalgam fillings.
However, please remember that all decisions about your oral health should be between you and your dentist. How much of the cost of treatment is covered by your insurance should not be considered with the same weight as a treatment recommendation from a clinician or your own personal preferences? In other words, don’t feel obligated to choose one treatment over another based on what your insurance covers or reimburses you for. If you prefer to have nearly invisible, tooth-colored fillings, you should feel free to choose composite fillings.
If you have any questions about the options we offer for fillings, or any questions about the treatment procedures, please feel free to ask us at any time!
|Call Us at (301)299-1505 |
or visit Standard Dental LLC office at 9800 Falls Road, Suite 104,
Smile is the most important asset for your face. Everyone wants fresh and beautiful smile. Smile also boosts your overall health. So to have a beautiful smile on your face you need to take care of your teeth, if your teeth are not in good condition then get treated or visit our Potomac MD office - Standard Dental LLC.
Why Smiling is Good for you?
1. Smile Helps to Make Connections:Smile is the more powerful thing that helps to get connected with the people. Smiling makes you more friendly & trustworthy. This also helps you to be much confident in front of a person/ people. For example, If you are in a place or situation where you don't even know anyone because of your smile you will be not left alone and strangers will also become friends. So keep smiling to get connected with more people.
2. Smile also Reduce Stress:Nowadays stress is the most common thing which is occurring for everyone. So to release the stress the concept of "Happy Hour" is started. For example: If there is any load or stress related to work then employees can gather together or go for dinner/lunch and make some fun, laughs together and because of this concept the stress gets reduce. Smile also reduces the heart problem. So smile and get released from Stress.
3. Reduce Negative Thinking:Negative thinking will only affect your health and you. Train your brain to be positive to think positive. Smiling or Laughing will help you to remove the negativism. Smiling will always create a positive mood and begins to create a habit in your brain and will help you to feel happy.
Find a dentist in your area online to make an appointment today at Standard Dental LLC.
Till then, Keep smiling and spread happiness to everyone.
Get 6 natural home remedies that you can use at your home to get rid off the cavity.
- Chewing Sugar-free gums:
- Brush with fluoride toothpaste:
- Clove Oil:
- Vitamin D:
- Cut out sugary foods:
How to Protect teeth from chlorine water?
1. Watch the pH balance
2. Prevent swimmers calculus:
3. Enamel and chlorine:
4. Practice pool safety:
5. Brush your teeth after swimming.
6. Keep your mouth closed when underwater.
How to Protect teeth from chlorine water?
How to brush your teeth
Daily brushing and cleaning your teeth is important because it removes plaque. If the plaque isn’t removed, it builds up and can cause tooth decay and gum disease. You should brush your teeth at least twice a day and toothbrushes should be replaced every 3-4 months, or when the bristles get worn or frayed.
1.Aim the toothbrush at a 45 degree angle towards the gum line.
2.Use a pea-sized amount of toothpaste.
3.Use a gentle circular motion.
Repeat on the inside surfaces.
4.Electric toothbrushes also do a good job of cleaning teeth.
1. Restore your smile.
2. Restore the ability to properly chew and speak.
3. Maintain the shape of your face.
4. Distribute the forces in your bite properly by replacing missing teeth.
5. Prevent remaining teeth from drifting out of position.
Interesting Facts about Teeth and Dentistry:
Placing a dental implant is a process that is different for each patient. The healing process and the steps required all depend on what's going on in your mouth. The only way to know exactly what to expect is to consult with us at our office, but we'd be happy to give you an overview here:
Let us properly inform you about what you personally can expect! Schedule an appointment with Standard Dental LLC today call us at (301)299-1505.
1. Starting the day AFTER the extraction, swish 3 to 4 times a day with warm salt water (about a teaspoon of salt to 8 ounces of water). After swishing for about 30 seconds, stand over the sink and let the salt water mixture “drool out”, do not forcefully spit it out!
Gingivitis & Gum Disease Treatment | Potomac, MD
|Gum Disease Potomac | Gingivitis | Periodontal Disease | MD|
What can you do to prevent gum disease and protect your overall health
Causes and Prevention
- Teeth can occasionally chip or fracture when you bite down on something hard, like a popcorn kernel or hard bread.
- Often teeth that have fillings or root canals are at higher risk, because they are not as strong as those that have not had these procedures. However, even intact teeth can chip or fracture if you happen to bite down in just the wrong way on something hard.
- If you have fillings on your back teeth, try to avoid chewing on bones, hard candies, and ice. Wear a mouth guard if you play sports that could injure your teeth. A survey of college basketball players found that mouth guard users had a much lower risk of dental injuries.
- Teeth are built to chew and grind food. But if you grind or clench them often, you can damage their surfaces over time.
- Too much grinding can also cause headaches, muscle pain, and jaw injury.
- Many people who grind a lot don't realize they have a problem until a dentist notices the signs on their tooth surfaces. That is why it is so important to get a routine checkup every six months!
- Researchers think stress or anger may lead to tooth grinding. Try to manage your stress by taking walks, meditating, yoga, or other activities that are soothing and relaxing.
- Patient 1
- Patient 2